A new Yoshi game announced for Nintendo WiiU!


I can't believe that I will be saying this. But there happens to be a new Yoshi game in the works for the Nintendo WiiU and has been announced on Nintendo Direct as Yarn Yoshi!

What we know about this game so far is that it is going to be a 2D platform in a world of yarn, much like Kirby's Epic Yarn, released for the Wii in 2010 (Yarn Yoshi is being developed by the same team as Epic Yarn). There will be two images with the games side-by-side




Takashi Tezuka, the director of Yoshi's Island and Yoshi's Story, will be "deeply involved with this new project".

I myself personally am very excited for this new Yoshi to be making its rounds. Yoshi happens to be my favorite character from the Super Mario series and it's been a while since we've seen him as the main protagonist of any game (since Yoshi's Island DS I believe) let alone a console game. The last time we've seen a console title to have Yoshi be the main protagonist was in 1998 with the ever so amazing, and probably one of my favorite Nintendo 64 games ever, Yoshi's Story.

There is no known release date for this game yet and we hope to get you updated with more information on this new Yoshi game as soon as new information presents itself to us.

Share this article :
 
 
Copyright © 2013. GameTalk: Nintendo - All Rights Reserved